Sunday, February 26, 2006










Hope everybuggy had a nice weekend. Our trip to camp took a turn within one hour of arrival. I was informed by staff at Lewis County General that I have a "closed radialhead fracture". (I broke my left arm again. This time in an ice skate fall) Yes, I got to reminisce about missing 4th grade Field Day and celebrating the joyous victory of the "mean green team" as I listened to snowmobiles and looked out at the ice rink and plastic sled surrounded by "the best snow all season". Or atleast that's what Noah kept calling it during our 6 hour emergency room trip the next day. Four x-rays and one sling later I was back at camp with a margaurita on Saturday. I'm feeling okay, considering I'm broken, and will be trying to find a local doctor to fix me tomorrow. (I said I'm okay mom, don't worry.) Will keep you all posted.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Saw an orthopedist today. He confirmed that there's crack in a bone near my left elbow. Now have a splint and follow up scheduled for 10 days from now to check it with xray.
I have the most pain if I twist my wrist and the splint seems to be helping keep it still. Not completely still though, so I do need to be careful. Need to avoid becoming Cameron & Oliver's jungle gym.
Overall, I have been feeling really good....just have an arm I can't use, that is heavier than before and sticks out a little....quite awkward.